I support Communities United For Action’s “People’s Sewer Justice Platform” as a solution for systemic changes that will force the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) to be open, transparent and accountable to ratepayers.73 signatures
I support CUFA’s platform recommendations for the City of Cincinnati and the Board of Hamilton County Commissioners to:
- Stop government waste and delays for fixing our sewers;
- Involve ratepayers and impacted communities in decision-making;
- Systematically incorporate public accountability and transparency mechanisms, such as independent auditing and open public reporting on Project Groundwork and the Sewer Backup Response and Prevention Programs;
- Develop cohesive, effective stormwater management and responsible development policies; and
- Make our sewer rates affordable and equitable for everyone.
Send Willie to D.C.!
From June 25 to 27, we'll be attending the People's Action National Conference. Once we're in D.C., we'll be meeting with other action groups, talking to our representatives, convening with leadership within People's Action, and more!
We need your help to get there. Each attendee is raising $650 or more to cover per-person travel expenses. And every little bit helps! How much can you give to help Willie get to Washington D.C., this year?