Election day is fast approaching, but that's not all. Elections come and go, but our ongoing and important work on fair housing, sewer justice, and affordable utilities demand perseverance to win. Come hear what County Commissioner candidates have to say on each of our issues, and join our fight for fair sewer rates this week.
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
Join our Fair Sewer Rates Coalition to fight for unaffordable sewer bills. CUFA is working to ensure that sewer rates are fair to residential ratepayers in Hamilton County. If you are part of an organization, community group or business, join us this Tuesday from 4-5PM. We'll look at the current sewer rate structure and talk about what groups can do to support fair sewer rates. Register here to join.
Join us this Thursday, October 29 for the CUFA Candidate Forum for Hamilton County Commissioner candidates. The event will be a virtual format, as well as broadcast on Facebook Live.
- If you haven't voted yet, make your plan now! Check out your options here and scroll down for more on voting.
- Join our Fair Sewer Rates Coalition to fight for unaffordable sewer bills. CUFA is working to ensure that sewer rates are fair to residential ratepayers in Hamilton County. If you are part of an organization, community group or business, join us this Tuesday from 4-5PM. We'll look at the current sewer rate structure and talk about what groups can do to support fair sewer rates. Register here to join.
What's Happening This Week
For Organizations, Community Groups and Businesses: Join our Fair Sewer Rates Coalition!
Our sewer rates are structured so that residential customers underwrite a discount for the users with the highest volume. If you are affiliated with an organization, community group or business, please join our fight for fair, affordable sewer rates!
We will introduce our concerns around sewer rate equity, and discuss coalition goals.
What: Fair Sewer Rates Coalition Introduction
When: Tuesday, October 27 from 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Where: RSVP here for instructions to join.
Register for the CUFA Candidate Forum here.
Make Your Plan to Vote Now: Early Voting & Absentee/Mail-in is open!
Check your Polling Location
If you are registered, you can check here and get your polling place information here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/check-registration-status/
Learn more about how voting works here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/voting-101/
Make your plan to VOTE in the November 3 General Election
If you are already registered and do not need to make update, make your plan to vote. Here are your options for voting in Hamilton County:
- Vote Early beginning October 6. The Board of Elections is located at 4700 Smith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45212. Hours are listed to the right.
- Vote by Mail. Request your ballot to Vote By Mail by printing and mailing the request form here.
- Vote at your polling place on November 3.
From the Ohio Voter Rights Coalition:
Election Day is fast approaching! Do you have a plan for voting yet? Early Voting is already happening right NOW! You can even vote on Saturday (8 am - 4 pm) and Sunday (1 pm - 5pm) starting THIS weekend
Here’s how you can make a plan:
- Visit ohiovoterrights.org and enter your name and address to learn all the voting options in your area.
- Figure out transportation (COVID-19 has limited ridesharing, but you can contact regional leads through Ohio Votes)
- Research the candidates and find your sample ballot
- Review the ID requirements
- Give yourself enough time the day you vote; be prepared the lines may be long
Remember If you have questions or problems voting you can call or text 1-866-OUR-VOTE, which is staffed with nonpartisan volunteers and lawyers who can help you navigate through casting your ballot.
If you’ve already voted, great! You can also take the next step and volunteer to help other voters through their voting experience. Your help is needed! Find out more below:
Election Day Poll Monitoring:
Are you interested in being a non-partisan poll monitor? On Election Day you would be assigned to polling locations where you are most needed to assist voters with polling place verification, ID questions, or reporting any problems voting. Sign up for an Election Day training. We suggest you attend a live training on October 24 or October 29.
Peacekeeper Poll Monitoring:
Are you a member of the clergy or a social worker? We are training Peacekeeping teams in order to be deployed the last two weekends before the election (at early vote) and on Election Day. Read more about it and sign up for a training at this link.
Your voice IS important, especially for local races. You can help decide judges and select state representatives who make really important decisions that happen in this state -- like making voting easier!
Thanks for your support,
Camille Wimbish, Ohio Voter Rights Coalition
Other Important Information
Tell Our Senators to Pass a COVID Relief Bill Now
Join Peoples Action and other grassroots organizations across the country to tell the Senate that our priority is getting relief to the most vulnerable members of our community during the pandemic. Click here to take action.
The National THRIVE Agenda
We must build a new economy to address the inequality and racism the COVID-19 pandemic has laid bare. On September 10, People's Action and several allied groups released a national agenda with eight key pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Read more on each of the pillars here and take action to ask your Representative to support it.
Join CUFA on social media:
Like us on Facebook and invite friends to like our page.
Be sure to join our Facebook group.
Sign in withFacebook Twitter