This week, let's talk Housing! Join us for our Housing Action Team this Tuesday, October 20th and register for two upcoming CUFA events: Game Night, and the CUFA Candidate Forum!
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
Join our Housing Action Team meeting Tuesday, October 20 @ 6:30PM. Everyone needs a stable home to live in. We support moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures at the federal, state and local levels. We need assistance to help renters pay back rent and requirements for lenders to work with all homeowners to avoid foreclosure. Join us Tuesday for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
Register for CUFA's October 29 Candidate Forum for Hamilton County Commissioners candidates. The event will be a virtual format, as well as broadcast on Facebook Live.
- This Saturday, October 24, is our first ever Virtual CUFA Game Night from 6-7:30PM! Tickets are $10, and can be purchased online here or by calling CUFA at 853-3947.
- Join our Housing Action Team meeting Tuesday, October 20 @ 6:30PM. Everyone needs a stable home to live in. We support moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures at the federal, state and local levels. We need assistance to help renters pay back rent and requirements for lenders to work with all homeowners to avoid foreclosure. Join us Tuesday for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
What's Happening This Week
Join our Housing Action Team this Tuesday!
What: Housing Action Team (third Tuesdays)
When: Tuesday, October 20 from 6:30-7:30 PM
Where: Virtual - RSVP here for instructions to join
Make Your Plan to Vote Now: Early Voting & Absentee/Mail-in is open!
Check your Polling Location
If you are registered, you can check here and get your polling place information here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/check-registration-status/
Learn more about how voting works here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/voting-101/
Make your plan to VOTE in the November 3 General Election
If you are already registered and do not need to make update, make your plan to vote. Here are your options for voting in Hamilton County:
- Vote Early beginning October 6. The Board of Elections is located at 4700 Smith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45212. Hours are listed to the right.
- Vote by Mail. Request your ballot to Vote By Mail by printing and mailing the request form here.
- Vote at your polling place on November 3.
Other Important Information
Tell Our Senators to Pass a COVID Relief Bill Now
Join Peoples Action and other grassroots organizations across the country to tell the Senate that our priority is getting relief to the most vulnerable members of our community during the pandemic. Click here to take action.
The National THRIVE Agenda
We must build a new economy to address the inequality and racism the COVID-19 pandemic has laid bare. On September 10, People's Action and several allied groups released a national agenda with eight key pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Read more on each of the pillars here and take action to ask your Representative to support it.
Join CUFA on social media:
Like us on Facebook and invite friends to like our page.
Be sure to join our Facebook group.
Sign in withFacebook Twitter