This week, we're focused on getting out the vote and stopping utility shutoffs! We'll be hosting candidates for Hamilton County Commissioner Oct. 29. Take action to help us end shutoffs by calling Gov. DeWine and joining us at our (virtual) Energy Affordability Action Team this Tuesday.
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
Early and Absentee/Mail-in Voting is ON! The Board of Elections is located at 4700 Smith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45212. This week they are open 8AM-5PM for early voting Monday-Friday. If you'd like to request a Mail-in/Absentee ballot, you can do so by printing and mailing or dropping off the request form at this link.
Join our Energy Affordability Action Team meeting Tuesday, October 13 @ 6:30PM. We will talk about how we can escalate pressure on Gov. DeWine to end utility shutoffs until the pandemic is over.
- Register for CUFA's October 29 Candidate Forum for Hamilton County Commissioners candidates. The event will be a virtual format, as well as broadcast on Facebook Live.
- Early and Absentee/Mail-in Voting is ON! The Board of Elections is located at 4700 Smith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45212. This week they are open 8AM-5PM for early voting Monday-Friday. If you'd like to request a Mail-in/Absentee ballot, you can do so by printing and mailing or dropping off the request form at this link.
What's Happening This Week
Let's keep the pressure on Gov. DeWine to end utility shutoffs during the pandemic!
In the middle of a pandemic utility companies are shutting off people's water, power, and internet, and our elected leaders are letting it happen.
CALL GOV. DEWINE AT 614-466-3555 OR 614-644-4357 TO TELL HIM:
"WE CAN'T CATCH UP ON UTILITIES; DON'T LET UTILITY COMPANIES SHUT US OFF UNTIL THE PANDEMIC IS OVER AND WE HAVE THE ASSISTANCE WE NEED TO GET CAUGHT UP."
Join our Energy Action Team this week to talk about how we will keep the pressure up on DeWine to stop utility shutoffs!
What: Energy Affordability Action Team (second Tuesdays)
When: Tuesday, October 13 from 6:30-8:00PM
Where: Virtual - RSVP here for instructions to join
Make Your Plan to Vote Now: Early Voting & Absentee/Mail-in is open!
Check your Polling Location
If you are registered, you can check here and get your polling place information here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/check-registration-status/
Learn more about how voting works here: https://votehamiltoncountyohio.gov/voting-101/
Make your plan to VOTE in the November 3 General Election
If you are already registered and do not need to make update, make your plan to vote. Here are your options for voting in Hamilton County:
- Vote Early beginning October 6. The Board of Elections is located at 4700 Smith Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45212. Hours are listed to the right.
- Vote by Mail. Request your ballot to Vote By Mail by printing and mailing the request form here.
- Vote at your polling place on November 3.
Other Important Information
Tell Our Senators to Pass a COVID Relief Bill Now
Join Peoples Action and other grassroots organizations across the country to tell the Senate that our priority is getting relief to the most vulnerable members of our community during the pandemic. Click here to take action.
The National THRIVE Agenda
We must build a new economy to address the inequality and racism the COVID-19 pandemic has laid bare. On September 10, People's Action and several allied groups released a national agenda with eight key pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Join CUFA on social media:
Be sure to join our Facebook group.