The election may be over, but holding our elected officials accountable never stops. We're still in the midst of an ever-growing pandemic, and people are still losing essential housing and utilities.
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
Join our Energy Affordability Action Team this Tuesday, November 10 at 6:30PM to push for no utility shutoffs until the pandemic is over and people have the assistance they need to catch up. Governor DeWine must act now to stop utility shutoffs! Join us to hatch a plan for making him do it. Register here to join our Energy Affordability Action Team this Tuesday.
- Mark your calendars for the State of Affordable Housing from the Affordable Housing Advocates set for Nov. 24 at 12-1:30PM. This is a virtual event, and you can find out more on Facebook here.
- Join our Energy Affordability Action Team this Tuesday, November 10 at 6:30PM to push for no utility shutoffs until the pandemic is over and people have the assistance they need to catch up. Governor DeWine must act now to stop utility shutoffs! Join us to hatch a plan for making him do it. Register here to join our Energy Affordability Action Team this Tuesday.
What's Happening This Week
Join our fight to end utility shutoffs during the pandemic!
We need a statewide moratorium on energy shutoffs during the pandemic. We need programs that will forgive arrearages for back bills for those experiencing hardships, such as being furloughed or laid off of their jobs and funding for weatherization programs for low-income residents.
Join us for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
What: Energy Affordability Action Team
When: Tuesday, November 10 from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: RSVP for instructions to join this Zoom meeting
Other Important Information
Get Your CUFA Yard Sign Today
We know that "Together, We Will Make a Difference." Let your neighbors know that you support CUFA. Call us at 853-3947 to get your yard sign today!
What happens now that the election is over?
Tell Our Senators to Pass a COVID Relief Bill Now
Join Peoples Action and other grassroots organizations across the country to tell the Senate that our priority is getting relief to the most vulnerable members of our community during the pandemic. Click here to take action.
The National THRIVE Agenda
We must build a new economy to address the inequality and racism the COVID-19 pandemic has laid bare. On September 10, People's Action and several allied groups released a national agenda with eight key pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Join CUFA on social media:
Be sure to join our Facebook group.