Optional vs. Required: We know the best way to get someone to do something is to require it. That's why we're supporting the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Charter Amendment. And it's why we are pushing City Council to introduce an ordinance that requires public engagement on major infrastructure and private development projects. It’s our money; we need a voice. This week, take action to support public accountability for our communities.
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
Join CUFA's Housing Action Team (virtually) Tuesday, March 16 from 6:30-7:30 PM as we work to support the charter amendment to require Cincinnati to provide $50 million annually for the Affordable Housing Trust Fund. This amendment will be on the May 4 ballot. CUFA is supporting it because Cincinnati needs affordable housing for 25,000 families and individuals. RSVP for Tuesday's Housing Action Team meeting here.
Write a personal email to Cincinnati City Council & Mayor Cranley to tell them they must *require* public engagement for major infrastructure projects and developments that receive public resources. The action page is easy - just enter your info and edit the email to tell them why meaningful public engagement matters to you. Write your email here.
- And now for something hopping! Working In Neighborhoods, our sister organization, is hosting a Easter Bunny “Hop Up” March 27 from 1-4PM for kids ages 5-12. The event features goodie bags, socially-distanced games, and photo-ops with the Easter Bunny. WIN is spacing out guest arrivals, so registration is required. Registration is open until Friday, March 19. Register online here, or come by and pick up a form at 1814 Dreman Ave. They are on the window by our breezeway door, and you can drop in the mailbox.
- Join CUFA's Housing Action Team (virtually) Tuesday, March 16 from 6:30-7:30 PM as we work to support the charter amendment to require Cincinnati to provide $50 million annually for the Affordable Housing Trust Fund. This amendment will be on the May 4 ballot. CUFA is supporting it because Cincinnati needs affordable housing for 25,000 families and individuals. RSVP for Tuesday's Housing Action Team meeting here.
What's Happening This Week
Everyone needs a stable home to live in. We support the City Charter Amendment to fund the Affordable Housing Trust Fund. We are working for moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures at the federal, state and local levels. We need assistance to help renters pay back rent and requirements for lenders to work with all homeowners to avoid foreclosure.
Join us for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
What: Housing Action Team
When: Tuesday, March 16 from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Where: RSVP here for instructions to join.
Other Important Information
Watch the CUFA Town Hall: Navigating Housing & Utility Assistance
Are you or someone you know having trouble navigating assistance programs? Thursday, March 4, Communities United For Action hosted speakers from local utilities and agencies to talk about available assistance programs and how to apply. Watch it here.
From the Hamilton County Health Department:
Expanded Vaccine Eligibility
In response to this significant increase in the amount of vaccine coming into Ohio, Governor DeWine outlined the individuals who are included in Phase 1D and Phase 2B starting March 11th, 2021.
- Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes
- Individuals with end-stage renal disease
- Individuals aged 50 and older
IF YOU ARE NEWLY ELIGIBLE BECAUSE OF PHASE 1-D CONDITIONS OR YOUR AGE, YOU NEED TO REGISTER: Click HERE to register.
(If you previously registered based on your age, you do not need to re-register.)
WIN 2nd Annual Easter Bunny “Hop Up” March 27, 1-4PM
Registration will open on Monday, March 8th – Friday, March 19th.
This event is free, but registration is required. REGISTER HERE
Working In Neighborhoods Parking Lot
1814 Dreman Ave. (enter from Llewellyn Avenue)
Cincinnati, OH 45223
Children ages 5-12 years old!
The 2021 Easter Bunny “Hop-Up” is more than a drive-thru to pick up candy. It’s a fun, safe “experience” for kids age 5-12 to visit the Easter Bunny, play games and win prizes!
* Easter Obstacle Course
* Egg Drop Plinko
* The Lolli-Pop Game
* Pictures with the Easter Bunny
Each child will receive Easter Bags filled with Treats!
NOTE: Staggered arrival times are being scheduled in order to maintain social distancing and limit contact between individuals/families who do not live in the same household.
Get Your CUFA Yard Sign Today
We know that "Together, We Will Make a Difference." Let your neighbors know that you support CUFA. Call us at 853-3947 to get a yard sign. Donate to offset the cost yard signs here.
CUFA has postcards (pictured below) you can give or mail to family and friends asking them to join CUFA. Sign up here to get some postcards!
Join CUFA on social media:
Be sure to join our Facebook group.