This Tuesday, we are delivering all your #NoShutoffs letters to Gov. DeWine to the Hamilton County Health Commissioner! Join us (from a distance, with a mask) and help amplify the action on social media by making a post using the tag @GovMikeDeWine. We hope you will join us for our Housing Action Team meeting and the VOTE on MSD's 2021 budget too.
Here are the top 3 actions you can take this week:
This Tuesday, Dec. 15, we are delivering our letters for Gov. DeWine to Hamilton County Health Commissioner Greg Kesterman, with holiday cheer & a wish list. RSVP here to join CUFA and our allies for #NoShutoffs Caroling & Letter Delivery. Join us and see samples below for posting to your social media to push Gov. DeWine to end utility shutoffs until the pandemic is over.
Join our Housing Action Team this Tuesday, Dec. 15 from 6:30-7:30 PM. Everyone needs a stable home to live in. We support moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures at the federal, state and local levels. We need assistance to help renters pay back rent and requirements for lenders to work with all homeowners to avoid foreclosure. Join us for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
- It's Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) Budget VOTE time! Sign up to attend (via Zoom) with CUFA on Thursday, Dec. 17 at 6:30 PM. CUFA's Sewer Justice Team will be delivering comments on the proposed MSD budget. Come show your support for fixed sewers that we can all afford.
- This Tuesday, Dec. 15, we are delivering our letters for Gov. DeWine to Hamilton County Health Commissioner Greg Kesterman, with holiday cheer & a wish list. RSVP here to join CUFA and our allies for #NoShutoffs Caroling & Letter Delivery. Join us and see samples below for posting to your social media to push Gov. DeWine to end utility shutoffs until the pandemic is over.
What's Happening This Week
Tell Gov. DeWine to end utility shutoffs during the pandemic! Post to your social media this week! Make sure to use Gov. DeWine's handle: @GovMikeDeWine (for Facebook & Twitter) and tag CUFA @cufacincy so we can share your post! Use the hashtag #NoShutoffs
Sample social media posts (post with a picture!)
- All we want for our holidays is to have heat and and electricity, @GovMikeDeWine #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
- I wish I could fulfill my family's wish list, but I lost my job and we might not be able to pay utilities through the holidays. Thanks, @GovMikeDeWine #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
- Christmas would be better this year if I didn't have to worry about our electric bill. Don’t shut off our utilities @GovMikeDeWine #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
If your kid uses social media, have them post too! Gov. DeWine needs to understand what we are all going through, kids included, and why it’s so important that he protect Ohioans from utility shutoffs.
Join our Housing Action Team
Everyone needs a stable home to live in. We support moratoriums on evictions and foreclosures at the federal, state and local levels. We need assistance to help renters pay back rent and requirements for lenders to work with all homeowners to avoid foreclosure.
Join us for a discussion on our next steps to achieve these goals.
What: Housing Action Team
When: Tuesday, Dec. 15 @ 6:30 PM
Where: Zoom; Register here for instructions to join
Join our Sewer Justice Team at the MSD Budget Hearing
Join CUFA for the MSD 2021 budget VOTE to tell our County Commissioners 1.) We need a forgiveness program for sewer bills in arrears 2.) MSD needs to honor its commitment to buy the homes on Muddy Creek that have been ruined by sewer overflows 3) ALL neighborhoods, not just wealthy neighborhoods, must be included in their plans to resolve sewer overflows. Come (virtually) tell the Commissioners what the priorities for MSD's budget should be! You can read CUFA's full comments on the proposed MSD budget here.
What: MSD Budget VOTE - Hamilton County Commissioners
When: Thursday, Dec. 17 @ 6:30 PM
Where: Zoom; Register here for instructions to join
Other Important Information
CUFA Victory! Water Bill Forgiveness Program now accepting applications!
The City of Cincinnati has a new program to forgive water and storm water bills for low-income residents experiencing COVID-related hardships. Find out more about the program and apply here.
Get Your CUFA Yard Sign Today
We know that "Together, We Will Make a Difference." Let your neighbors know that you support CUFA. Call us at 853-3947 to get a yard sign. Donate to offset the cost yard signs here.
We need your help to build CUFA's power by building our membership. Mail these postcards (below) to your family and friends. Get your postcards today.
Tell Our Senators to Pass a COVID Relief Bill Now
Join Peoples Action and other grassroots organizations across the country to tell the Senate that our priority is getting relief to the most vulnerable members of our community during the pandemic. Click here to send a message to your federal legislators.
The National THRIVE Agenda
We must build a new economy to address the inequality and racism the COVID-19 pandemic has laid bare. On September 10, People's Action and several allied groups released a national agenda with eight key pillars:
- Creating millions of good, safe jobs with access to unions.
- Building the power of workers to fight inequality.
- Investing in Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities.
- Strengthening and healing the nation-to-nation relationship with sovereign Native Nations.
- Combating environmental injustice and ensuring healthy lives for all.
- Averting climate and environmental catastrophe.
- Ensuring fairness for workers and communities affected by economic transitions.
- Reinvesting in public institutions that enable workers and communities to thrive.
Read more on each of the pillars here and take action to ask your Representative to support it.
Join CUFA on social media:
Like us on Facebook and invite friends to like our page.
Be sure to join our Facebook group.
Sign in withFacebook Twitter