I support Communities United For Action’s “People’s Sewer Justice Platform” as a solution for systemic changes that will force the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) to be open, transparent and accountable to ratepayers.
I support CUFA’s platform recommendations for the City of Cincinnati and the Board of Hamilton County Commissioners to:
- Stop government waste and delays for fixing our sewers;
- Involve ratepayers and impacted communities in decision-making;
- Systematically incorporate public accountability and transparency mechanisms, such as independent auditing and open public reporting on Project Groundwork and the Sewer Backup Response and Prevention Programs;
- Develop cohesive, effective stormwater management and responsible development policies; and
- Make our sewer rates affordable and equitable for everyone.
See who else is signing: