Communities United For Action is asking Gov. DeWine to end utility shut-offs during the COVID pandemic. We know he cares about his own grandchildren, so we are asking kids from all over Cincinnati to write a brief letter or social media post to tell him why he needs to help people keep their water, gas, electricity and internet on. We will put these letters in a short video for social media and deliver them Gov. DeWine sometime in December. It’s the holidays, so let’s send our holiday wish list! Please post to social media or get your letters to CUFA or a CUFA member by December 11.
- Dear Gov. DeWine, All I want for the holidays is heat in my house. Don't be a scrooge! Jonah, Cincinnati, age 6
- Dear Gov. DeWine, please help my mom pay our electric bill so we can have a Merry Christmas. MyKaliah, Cincinnati, age 13
- Dear Gov. DeWine, I cannot go to remote school without electricity and internet, and we can’t afford it. Darius, Cincinnati, age 11
Draw pictures or decorate your letter to make it personal.
Sample social media posts (post with a picture!)
- All we want for our holidays is to not have to worry about utilities getting shut off in a pandemic, @GovMikeDeWine Don't be a Scrooge! #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
- I wish my parents could fill my wish list, but mom lost her job and we might not be able to pay utilities through the holidays. Thanks, @GovMikeDeWine #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
- Christmas would be better this year if my parents weren’t so stressed about how we’ll make it through another shutdown. Don’t shut off our utilities @GovMikeDeWine #NoShutoffs @cufacincy
If you are using your own social media, quote your kids or use your own words. Gov. DeWine needs to understand what we are all going through, and why it’s so important that he protect Ohioans from utility shutoffs. Make sure to tag Gov. DeWine (@GovMikeDeWine) and CUFA (@cufacincy). Use the hashtag #NoShutoffs