Roy Davis signed Support the "People's Sewer Justice Platform" via Marilyn Evans 2019-10-17 16:30:25 -0400
Support the "People's Sewer Justice Platform"
I support Communities United For Action’s “People’s Sewer Justice Platform” as a solution for systemic changes that will force the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) to be open, transparent and accountable to ratepayers.74 signatures
I support CUFA’s platform recommendations for the City of Cincinnati and the Board of Hamilton County Commissioners to:
- Stop government waste and delays for fixing our sewers;
- Involve ratepayers and impacted communities in decision-making;
- Systematically incorporate public accountability and transparency mechanisms, such as independent auditing and open public reporting on Project Groundwork and the Sewer Backup Response and Prevention Programs;
- Develop cohesive, effective stormwater management and responsible development policies; and
- Make our sewer rates affordable and equitable for everyone.
Send Roy to D.C.!
From June 25 to 27, we'll be attending the People's Action National Conference. Once we're in D.C., we'll be meeting with other action groups, talking to our representatives, convening with leadership within People's Action, and more!
We need your help to get there. Each attendee is raising $650 or more to cover per-person travel expenses. And every little bit helps! How much can you give to help Roy get to Washington D.C., this year?
I have been an active CUFA member for more than 8 years and on the board for many of them. The thing I like about CUFA is that we help people in the community come together and solve problems. I've lived in South Cumminsville for 17+ years.