Carol Messer signed Support the "People's Sewer Justice Platform" 2021-04-23 04:24:29 -0400I have back up problems when we have bad rain storms. My basement floods and my backyard becomes a river. We have had the city out here alot of us neighbors did because we flooded and they wouldn’t do anything. I’m a senior and on disability and I can’t afford to fix this on my on and pay high price on sewage.
I support Communities United For Action’s “People’s Sewer Justice Platform” as a solution for systemic changes that will force the Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD) to be open, transparent and accountable to ratepayers.73 signatures
I support CUFA’s platform recommendations for the City of Cincinnati and the Board of Hamilton County Commissioners to:
- Stop government waste and delays for fixing our sewers;
- Involve ratepayers and impacted communities in decision-making;
- Systematically incorporate public accountability and transparency mechanisms, such as independent auditing and open public reporting on Project Groundwork and the Sewer Backup Response and Prevention Programs;
- Develop cohesive, effective stormwater management and responsible development policies; and
- Make our sewer rates affordable and equitable for everyone.